Enjoying late summer?
The Wild Yeast Walk takes you through the rolling Brueghel landscape where the lambic is in the air, so to speak.
“At the Pede water mill you will find a beautiful piece of nature where you can take a break”
@nene_waffles from Dilbeek
- Suggested route on the Pajottenland network
- Follow the nodes: 724 - 197 - 196 - 125 - 129 - 730 - 126 - 124 - 112 - 70 - 732 - 731 - 730 - 729 - 728 - 190 - 725 - 724.
- Walk through the land of lambic beer.
- Wild yeasts dance over an open, rolling landscape where the farm horses and water mills still look as they did when Bruegel wandered these paths.
- If you are curious about how these yeasts work their magic, visit one of the four lambic breweries along the way: Kestemont Brewery, Lindemans Brewery, farm brewery ’t Guldenhooft or 4Pajot.
- Catch your breath amid the green castle domains of Gaasbeek and Groenenberg.